Terms & Conditions to rent a car with Blue Sky Car Rental
Please email us if you need any further information.
Eligibility to rent a car with Blue Sky Car Rental
The driver must have the minimum age of 21 years old.
Renter must be in possession of a valid driver’s license of at least 1 year.
Only drivers name listed on the contract will be able to drive. If the car is driven by any other person, the insurance coverage is void.
Young driver charges
A supplement of MUR 80.00 per day will be charged for driver under the age of 25.
Second driver is free of charge and must be present at the rental location to fulfill the same aforementioned rules concerning driver’s license and age.
The rental is on a 24hr basis. ½ of daily rate will be claimed if the returned time exceeds one hour. An additional day will be charged if the returned time exceeds three hours.
Payment of car rental price
Full payment must be made on delivery of car by credit card or cash and amount for excess will be secured. We accept MasterCard, Visa, and American Express. Debit card and cheques are not accepted.
Delivery and Collection of vehicles.
We do delivery and collection throughout Mauritius.
No charges for cars delivered atBlue Sky Car Rental Office in Saint Pierre.
No charge if rental duration is 7 days.
Delivery and collection fees from any place are as follows for rental less than 7 days;
Delivery fee: MUR 480.00
Collection fee: MUR 480.00
Car Safety seats /GPS.
We provide upon request;
Child seat/Baby seat / Booster seat: MUR 180.00 per day GPS: MUR 420.00 per day
All vehicles are under fully comprehensive cover.
Damages to tyres, rim and under carriage of cars are not covered by insurance and is therefore the responsibility of the hirer.
Damages caused through drunk driving, gross negligence or disregarding of the rental terms are excluded from the insurance cover.
Loss or damage of the car keys as well as personal belongings is not covered.
In case of a cyclone warning of level three or higher, the vehicle must not be used more than two hours after the warning was released.
In the case where client decides to return the car before collection scheduled date, no refund is made.
Emergency / Accident
For any accident or emergency contact our 24hours Customer Assistance on (+230)5940 1000 service provided when you book withBlue Sky Car Rental.
In case of accident, an administration fee of MUR 800.00 will be charged
Blue Sky Car Rental guarantee a group / category of car but not a model
Cancellation of a reservation
Customers can cancel a prepaid reservation online by the 'Modify/Cancel' reservation link / page to the following conditions;
1. A full refund of the prepaid reservation, after deduction of 3% bank charges, will be made:
a. If the cancellation is made 72 hours prior to pick-up time.
b. Less an administrative fee of MUR 2,000 + 3% bank charges if the cancellation is made less than 72 hours before pick-up time.
2. Cancellation on the spot:
• 1 day rental - no refund effected
• 2 - 5 days' rental = 30%of full rental amount + 3% bank charges will be charged
• 6 days' rental or more = 50% of full rental amount + 3% bank charges will be charged
3. Refunds will be made to the credit source that the original booking was made on.
Changes at time of pick-up
If at the time of vehicle collection you wish to rent a larger car or rent for a longer period, you may do so, subject to availability, on payment of additional charges.
1. If you fail to cancel your reservation prior to the Pick Up Time and do not collect the vehicle on the Pick Up Date, or if you fail to comply with the pick-up terms (see above), we reserve the right to make a No Show Charge of MUR 4, 000 + 3% bank charges, which recovers our administration costs and compensates us for our inability to rent the vehicle when it was reserved for your use. All amounts below MUR 4,000 will not be refunded.
2. We will refund your prepayment, less the No Show Charge, if you write to us within 90 days of the Pick-up Date at Blue Sky TravelLtd, L’Avenir Saint Pierre, Mauritius requesting repayment and enclosing a copy of this Reservation Confirmation.
The mileage for the general check-up of the vehicle is stated on a card fixed on the windscreen. If the mileage is reached, the renter will inform Blue Sky Car Rental and an alternate vehicle will be arranged.
Our rates exclude fuel which is at renter’s charge. The renter must return the vehicle with the same level of fuel as given to him on delivery. A refuelling charge will be applicable in case on return the fuel indicator shows less petrol than on delivery.
The renter is bound to comply with the law in force, regarding the road traffic regulations and accepts to take charge of any fine or expenses resulting from any infraction relating to those regulations.
Rental agreement signed by the renter is subject to and governed by the laws of Mauritius.